Animator vs. Animation IV Animator vs. Animation IV

I came to see where this series had gone, and wow this is impressive. Keep that stick figure going!

Steamboat Morty Steamboat Morty

Big Rick and Morty fan and Steam Boat Willy fan here, so I gotta say great job in both aspects. Like others said could have been a bit more springy with the necks and legs and such, but otherwise it's spot on. And it works so well 'cause this is happening in a parallel dimension right now!

Magic Mushroom Magic Mushroom

Yeah it seemed like the joke was just too obvious, and the animation wasn't bad, but your style is very straight forward. I think it would have been better if the visual appearance of his tripping world was more vivid and hallucinatory, to highlight the juxtaposition between what he images and what's really going on. And things like disjointed audio, which I felt like it became when the Miley song was played, how about instead of jumping from song to song so quick, maybe you could convey the same effect with a sound effect? Like a gong, or some flash-back harp type of thing.

michalx responds:

Now i work at another animation (completely different style), when I'm done i share my work.
I believe that new animation will be much better than that.

Flower Girl Flower Girl

The humor was pretty dry and untimely. Usually you want to contrast your zany characters (the guy on the ground) with level-headed characters, but here they're both on the "lol randum" level that kept me from relating to the characters. But I like the water-color backgrounds and of course the Mac Demarco is always nice to hear.

SwedishPlumTrees responds:

Thanks for the review man. I've been trying to work on my comedy writing. I realize it's not amazing, but I'm going to keep working on it. But Im glad you liked the backgrounds and the Mac Demarco!

Grunk and Mordy Grunk and Mordy

Haha simple joke, good execution. Line work all looked clean and the voices, did they come from the show, or was that a spot on Mordecai impression I'm hearing?

Sketchead responds:

Thanks! It's from a podcast that Nerdist did a couple years ago. The full thing is in the audio credits at the bottom of the description.